james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: JavaMail as the message store
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:45:20 GMT

> Right, so basically just removing (and/or making abstract) the
> MailRepository interface, removing the definitions of MailRepository
> URLs in config.xml, and then fixing everything that uses that directly.
>   I'm a bit leary we're missing something, but sounds like a plan.

Me too. I'd like to know what mailetcontext get repository is going to be replaced with in
mailets, I hope it will be clear and simple for mailet authors to see how to get and create
new repositories.

Also, if fetch is going to use javamail we need to make sure that other mailets cant harvest
usernames and passwords, or make connections masquerading as the users fetch is authenticating
as.

I'm not sure how suitable it is for multiuser like this, it may be fine, this is 2c worth
of security warning.

d.