james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Memory leaks in RemoteDelivery mailet?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:20:26 GMT
> I'm not saying there isn't a slow memory leak with any part of James,
> just that -Xloggc won't tell you either way.

No, this is right, the JVM doesn't say that it will free memory it gets from the system (it
may or may not) but that doens't mean that the memory isn't available to your java applictation,
just that its not available to non-java ones.
Furthermore -Xnoincgc prevents the pauses sometimes created by vanilla GC, but sun admit it
may be slower and less aggressive in operation.

d,