james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Memory leaks in RemoteDelivery mailet?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:05:35 GMT
Jason,

Most of my earlier work was from SMTPHandler into the spooler.  It is
certainly possible that we have more work to do.  Possibly more
opportunities for object pooling, too.

Some useful references:

Heap Analysis Tool: http://java.sun.com/people/billf/heap/
(also follow links from this page)
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-2001/jw-1207-hprof.html
http://tutorials.findtutorials.com/read/id/213

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Webb [mailto:jw@inovem.com]
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 10:15
To: 'James Developers List'
Subject: RE: Memory leaks in RemoteDelivery mailet?

No I'm not. But I'm willing to try...
The reason I thought the gc log was relevant as if I use the null mailet
I get steady-state memory usage, but when using the remote delivery
mailet I get issues with this memory creep. I'm also running NuMega
DevPartnet for Java (eval copy) to see if that helps find the problem.