james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: JNDI Mailet Configuration
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 23:51:50 GMT
> You have lost me - can you expand on something for me?
>            Context myContext = new InitialContext();
> How does a container control what is in the instance myContext?

The container can establish both the implementation and population of the
initial context.  To do this per component is a bit more of an issue.

One solution involves playing with
NamingManager.setInitialContextFactoryBuilder().  You can also play around
with classloaders.  If this were really of interest, we can snarf code from
Tomcat, which supports per-webapp contexts, as I understand it.

However, my proposal wasn't an attempt to implement IoC.  Servlets don't see
separate contexts, and that is the model closest to the Mailet API.

	--- Noel