james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron.Kn...@vodafone.co.nz
Subject Re: Download jars instead of keeping in CVS?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 00:10:16 GMT

I downloaded and compiled the org.apache.naming stuff the other day.  I
found it a hassle to have to hunt around for the extra libs that I needed,
even though they are all listed.  IMHO, any solution that involved moving
the libs out of the repository would need to provide a way that was at
least as convenient as getting them all from CVS.  Certainly, the src
distributions would need to have the libs included.

ADK

There is no magic.

                    "Noel J.

                    <noel@devtech.       cc:

                    com>                 Subject:     Download jars instead of keeping
in CVS?

                    03/02/2003

                    11:00

                    Please respond

                    to "James

                    Developers

                    List"

Is this something we ought to consider using in the future?  I still think
we want to have some form of turnkey binary release.

           --- Noel