james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: ID-mail
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 03:14:05 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>In fact I must keep the same ID to make tri on the mails incoming on
>

> We understand the issue, and the problems that occur when Message-ID is
> changed because you have added a header to a MimeMessage.  This is not
> something that James does; it is part of JavaMail.  I am cc'ing the
> JavaMail-Interest list on this reply.    Sun may have some suggestion(s).

We used to instantiate MimeMessages in James using a "ServerMimeMessage"
that extended MimeMessage, and overrode saveChanges to remove these mail
client style behavior.  I'm not sure when or why it was removed, but
unless Sun has changed their position, JavaMail is geared towards mail
client usage, so this is how they want it to behave.

--
Serge Knystautas
President