james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: the future of James
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:04:06 GMT
My own opinion is very close to this, James could indeed be used as an sms/mail gateway but
to avoid breaking James design principles it would need to be done in this way..

There should be a seperate app running as an sms gateway, in this case a modem driver capable
of receiving and delivering sms messages to james.

James would have to run a service capable of receiving spooling and processing incoming sms
messages. It would also be capable of routing outgoing sms messages generated by any mechanism,
internal or external, to this application, or preferably to any sms gateway using a published,
or beter still a standard, protocol.