james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: James & Mailman
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2003 15:04:32 GMT
> > It just struck me that we could possibly create a service
> > which would handle piped input, and a script/native
> > executable which could send it to james.
>
> Or a suitable Java app.  Nice thought, either way.

The problem I see with a java app is that it is massive overkill to start a whole JVM just
to insert a couple of strings into James.

> P.S.  Major hard drive crash this morning.  Sending out for data recover.
> Will likely not be around much for a bit.  Anyone who knows a GOOD outfit
> with reasonable prices

There are none, data recovery is a licence to print money, if you don't back things up they
have you over a barrel. But I guess you just found that out the hard way!

d.