james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: SMTP & SMTPS
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 18:04:34 GMT
Alan,

As I recall, several users have SMTP over SSL working fine.  You might check
the james-user archives, or ask on that list.

Ideally James should support STARTTLS.  On the v3 list.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: alan.gerhard@gercom.com [mailto:alan.gerhard@gercom.com]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 12:56
To: James Developers List
Subject: RE: SMTP & SMTPS

In a sense then, SMTPS is really running SMTP over SSL isn't
it ??

Didn't think to load multiple SMTP handlers - is there any
know caveat in doing this??

> James does support SMTP over SSL.  You can configure two
> SMTP handlers, although I haven't.  What James does not
> support is the STARTTLS command.  I know that Peter
> planned to work on that feature.

So to get James to "support" SMTPS, implementation of the
STARTTLS would be needed, and then some testing with
multiple SMTP handlers...

Thanks Noel!!