james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: NNTP and Line Count
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:36:40 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Schmidt" <ktschmidt@earthlink.net>
> If this sounds correct, I'd be happy to provide my changes to whomever
> or check them into CVS is that is appropriate.

It sounds good, but one thing to consider is that is there really a benefit
in having line count. i.e does it improve usability, is there a downside
etc.

I had left it out purposely because
- Did not seem useful.
- Added overhead.
- May be a need to think about article/header validation.

Would be cool to add it though. Send a patch in against head if line count
appears to be a good thing to add. If you could give some benefit (other
than todo) it would at least help me increase my understanding of nntp.

thanks,
Harmeet