james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: Serializing Users in FilesForwarding mail to NNTP
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:13:24 GMT
From: "Stephan Wiesner" <stephan@stephan-wiesner.de>
> If this is so simple, can anybody give me some more hints?

Mailet could identify interesting mail by looking to, cc or from header of
mail message and post using nntp client API to james NNTP server.
Mimemessage in mailet is a perfect article source.

James currently packages commons-net library. Attached is an example that
uses this already packaged library to post messages to nntp server.

There is also some old code in cvs that uses jdk 1.3 internal classes that
one could and to writes files to nntp spool directory. I had used this to
bootstrap nntp repository for testing in the past.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-james/src/java/org/apache/james/te
sting/Attic/NNTPClient.java?rev=HEAD&hideattic=0&content-type=text/vnd.viewc
vs-markup

You may want  to take look at NNTPSpooler <run> method to see how message is
picked up.
Ref:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-james/src/java/org/apache/james/nn
tpserver/repository/NNTPSpooler.java?rev=1.19&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-
markup
MimeMessage from Mailet is perfect source for NNTP Article.

Harmeet