james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Question on classes implementing JDBC connections
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 19:29:45 GMT
Sid Stuart wrote:
> I was reading through the main CVS  tree JDBCMailRepository code and was
> surprised to see it didn't use connection pooling. I did a quick check
> of the other classes that implement JDBC connections and none of them do
> pooling either. Is there some reason the James project isn't using
> Excalibur's JdbcConnectionPool class?

It is using connection pooling (see mordred).  And yes we once used
Excalibur's connection pooling classes, only to realize after the fact
that it was extremely buggy.  Excalibur's db conn pooler has been
improved since then, but we're set to move to DBCP and use
javax.sql.DataSource as the primary way of accessing a connection pool.

--
Serge Knystautas
President