james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "alan.gerhard" <alan.gerh...@gercom.com>
Subject Re: Processor naming thoughts?
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 16:38:01 GMT

> By changing the name from the verb (process) to the noun
> (queue), I  think it will help people understand what is
> happening.  It seems one of  the big points of confusion
> is, "what does it mean to send a message to  a processor?"
>  Instead, "send a message to a queue" seems more
> understandable.
> Any thoughts?
>
> --
> Serge Knystautas

A Mailet is still a process and should be referred to as
one, but you are right in that the confusion lies in the
description of what we are doing ... placing mail in a queue
to be processed by a series of processors called mailets.

Is see only goiod in changing the way in which we referr to
whole process - the more understandable the less confusison
with implementation.