james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "alan.gerhard" <alan.gerh...@gercom.com>
Subject Re: Processor naming thoughts?
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:21:46 GMT
Serge's idea was to be more "realistic" in our discussions
of what the "processor" actually is in the hopes of warding
off confusion.
To this I am positive - we are actually dealing with a
message queue, regardless of MTA terminology such as
routerTress and routers; handlers and pipelines; etc.

When a mail is received by the SMTPHandler, it is placed in
a queue.
The queue handler pops a mail and executes the associated
Mailet.

As to changing the name of a method, I have nothing positive
or negative to say about it ...

Thanks
Alan