james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: Serializing Users in FilesForwarding mail to NNTP
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2003 23:29:16 GMT

From: "Harmeet Bedi" <harmeet@kodemuse.com>
> Mailet could identify interesting mail by looking to, cc or from header of
> mail message and post using nntp client API to james NNTP server.
> Mimemessage in mailet is a perfect article source.
>
> James currently packages commons-net library. Attached is an example that
> uses this already packaged library to post messages to nntp server.

Stephan there was a mistake in the attachment file posted earlier. Here is
the fixed example file. It should give you more than a few 'hints' to send
mail message to nntp server. :-)
You can also directly write messages to nntp spool directly and have it
picked up. Remember to add the right newsgroup header.Another thing to know
is that the message id is maintained so you can only create one newsgroup
article with one mime message. Do send mail if you hit issues.

Harmeet