james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Short" <ssh...@postx.com>
Subject RE: why does AvalonMailRepository execute or.put(key, mc) twice?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:10:31 GMT
Kwriri,

the AvalonMailRepository uses two files to store each email message.
One is for the Mime message itself and the other is for metadata
(headers, status etc) about the message.  The call out = sr.put(key) is
writing the Mime message to the 'source repository file' and the call
or.put(key, mc) is writing the metadata to 'object repository file'.

Cheers
Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Kwirirai Nhakwi [mailto:kwirirai@designat7.co.zw]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 11:03 AM
To: 'James Developers List'
Subject: why does AvalonMailRepository execute or.put(key, mc) twice?

Hi
James 2.1.2:
I am following up on AvalonMailRepository code using my own version of
debug.What I do not understand is
1. Why should the MailImpl object be saved twice during the same session
because once it is saved why should it save the same object again,
unless if the object values have been changed?
2.Why should the mail key be retrieved twice in JamesSpoolManager ?  I
do not know much about the spool manager but it
puzzles me that the key has to retrieved twice.

This questions are puzzling me but the answers to them would make me
understand more about the process occurring when mail is received by
James.

Kwiri !