james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Serializing Users in FilesForwarding mail to NNTP
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2003 17:10:38 GMT
This is something that a lot of us want: the ability to combine mail and
newsgroups seamlessly.  There are missing tools to do this at the moment.
We need mailets that understand the NNTP repositories, which are different
from the mail repositories in James v2.

For example, we want to be able to create both a mailing list and an NNTP
newsgroup, and have messages intended for the newsgroup be posted internally
through an SMTP processor as if intended for a mailing list, then if they
make it through the filtering process, be posted to the newsgroup and the
mailing list.

	--- Noel