james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: why does AvalonMailRepository execute or.put(key, mc) twice?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:36:40 GMT
> Why should the MailImpl object be saved twice during the same
> session because once it is saved why should it save the same
> object again, unless if the object values have been changed?

I don't believe that you are reading the code properly.  However, the even
better question is why the message should ever be stored again as it moves
through the spool, once it has been retrieved, unless it is a new/changed
message.  That is something I hope to address in v3.

>Why should the mail key be retrieved twice in JamesSpoolManager?

The spooler needs work, and I plan to replace it.  However, to answer your
question the spooler operates in two steps.  First it gets the key, then it
retrieves the mail object using the key.  This two-step process also
introduces synchronization issues.

    --- Noel