james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: EL for matching
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:11:25 GMT

More prosiac I admit, but it would be a simple task to add a BSF (Bean
Scripting Framework)interface that supports the creation of matchers and
mailets written in any language which runs on a JVM and understands BSF, see
http://jakarta.apache.org/bsf/index.html.

Supported languages include Jython/Python, Javascript, NetREXX, TCL and a
whole bunch more. It means that James doesn't impose a scripting language,
but provides an interface allowing many to be used.

BSF is out there and widely used. Worth considering?

-- Steve