james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Hontvari Jozsef <hontva...@solware.com>
Subject endless loop in james, null pointer in AbstractRedirect.getTo, v2.2.0a5 bug?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:58:53 GMT
Today morning the hard disk was filled up with this error message (there
were only 1 gigabyte free space):

17/06/03 06:10:11 ERROR spoolmanager: An error occurred processing
Mail1055793958781-800 through bounce
17/06/03 06:10:11 ERROR spoolmanager: Result was bounce
17/06/03 06:10:11 ERROR spoolmanager: Exception in processor <bounce>
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.AbstractRedirect.getTo(AbstractRedirect.j
ava:491)
 at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.AbstractRedirect.service(AbstractRedirect
.java:852)
 at
org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.java:439)
 at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManager.java:
442)
 at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.java:371)
 at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(Executabl
eRunnable.java:47)
 at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:8
0)

Processor usage of James was 100% as well.

I have attached the email which is referenced in the error message (I think
at least that is it). I am using the NotifySender, Forward, NotifyPostmaster
mailets, which are descendants of AbstractRedirect.

(I use a private build, so this is not exacty the v2.2.0a5 version. Indeed
it dispayed a very different version number, but likely that doesn't mean
anything. I updated the source from CVS yesterday.)