james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Hontvari Jozsef" <hontva...@solware.com>
Subject Redirect2 mailet
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:54:33 GMT
According to Vincenzo and Noel:
> I think that we should stress even more in the docs the adopted
> convention that not coding anything means null that means *no change*.
> Sure.  That is intuitive for the Administrator.

I personally tried to use the Redirect a few times and it always confused
me. So I also agree.

However this is not possible if we maintain compatibility. The current
specification says that if no RECIPIENTS is suplied then use the TO. If no
TO supplied then use RECIPIENTS.

I propose to deprecate the current Redirect mailet and introduce a new
version of it, which strictly follows the above convention.