james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: Logging in the new DNSServer service
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 14:08:46 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Means" <cmeans@intfar.com>
> 06/06/03 04:05:44 ERROR dnsserver: Couldn't resolve MX records for domain
> jakarta.apache.org.
> So suddenly, I'm worried that mail from apache.org isn't getting
through...

If there is no MX record, A record represents mail host. It is not an error
to have no MX Records and neither is it necessary to recieve mail.

We could do something like attached snippet inside DNSServer::findMXRecords.
We should also change the logging to say INFO or WARN if not DEBUG for the
above message.

-------------------------------
String domainToSendMailTo = ....
Collection collection =  .... // get mx record from DNSServer.
if ( collection.size() == 0 ) {
        try {
            InetAddress.getByName(hostname);
        } catch (UnknownHostException ex) {