james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini" <vincenzo.gianferrarip...@praxis.it>
Subject [no virus] RE: New Redirect & sons becoming available
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 20:34:43 GMT
Noel,

I'm attaching the final (?) version of the new Redirect and other related mailets. I have
tested everything doing my best, but I suggest you and others to test it again.

The classes are:

AbstractRedirect
Forward extends AbstractRedirect
Redirect extends AbstractRedirect
AbstractNotify extends AbstractRedirect
Bounce extends AbstractNotify
NotifySender extends AbstractNotify
NotifyPostmaster extends AbstractNotify

The backwards compatibility should be complete for existing subclasses of Redirect and the
various config.xml using NotifySender and NotifyPostmaster.

Bounce, NotifySender and NotifyPostmaster share the same inline message text; NotifyPostmaster
had a slightly richer one than NotifySender, and has become the common one for all three.

I'm wondering if the fake sender domain check done in Forward should be shared by all the
mailets. What do you think?

I've added all the javadocs (hopefully I haven't missed any - please check).

Finally, as a curiosity for you, the AddressMarker and the SpecialAddress code you sent me
had a small error, that was difficult to find: the various

                MailAddress SENDER      = new MailAddress("sender","Address.Marker");

must be

                SENDER      = new MailAddress("sender","Address.Marker");

The effect was that all special address constants were null.

Please let me know your feedback.

Vincenzo