james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Eugene Drobitko <eug...@luciddream.com>
Subject Re[4]: Tests of mail list.
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 16:52:04 GMT

NJB> Please keep this discussion on the mailing list.
OK.
NJB> Version 2.2.0a3 has all of the changes.

NJB> Are you sure that you are running the new code?
Yes. The james-binary-2.2.0a3.tar.gz was downloaded and unpacked in
new separate directory from previous version .

NJB> If you just put the new SAR
NJB> file in place, it would not overwrite your existing sqlResources.xml file.
No. All files are new.

NJB> If you do not have a separate entry for:

NJB>     <sql name="selectByLowercaseName" db="mysql">
NJB>                 SELECT username, pwdHash, pwdAlgorithm, useForwarding,
NJB>                         forwardDestination, useAlias, alias
NJB>                 FROM ${table}
NJB>                 WHERE username = ?
NJB>     </sql>
The new used sqlResources.xml contains this.

NJB> then you have the old file.  The normal selectByLowercaseName entry has:

NJB>                WHERE lower(username) = ?

NJB> Using that WHERE clause disables the index.  You should not only change the
NJB> create statement for McKoi, but also clone the selectByLowercaseName, using
NJB> whatever you setup as a dbmatcher, e.g.:

NJB>     <sql name="selectByLowercaseName" db="mckoi">
NJB>                 SELECT username, pwdHash, pwdAlgorithm, useForwarding,
NJB>                         forwardDestination, useAlias, alias
NJB>                 FROM ${table}
NJB>                 WHERE username = ?
NJB>     </sql>
Yes, this was made.

Also as modification of SQL strings "CREATE TABLE ... " for making
case-insensitive of "username" for McKoi only.

NJB> Also, simply changing the entries in sqlResources.xml will not change an
NJB> existing table.  You have to modify it manually and rebuild the index, or
NJB> drop the table entirely and recreate it.  In the case of MySQL, that isn't
NJB> necessary, but it is for McKoi.
All tables was dropped for McKoi and for MySQL also.