james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini" <vincenzo.gianferrarip...@praxis.it>
Subject [no virus] RE: New Redirect & sons becoming available
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 00:03:47 GMT
Noel,

> > I'm wondering if the fake sender domain check done in Forward
> > should be shared by all the mailets.
>
> Possibly, but it should only be done if we are going to USE the Sender
> domain.  If we are just forwarding the message from Postmaster,
> for example,
> we don't USE the original Sender, and can preserve it.  This is useful if
> you have a mailet like:
>
>          <mailet match="All" class="Redirect">
>             <recipients>uce@ftc.gov</recipients>
>             <sender>postmaster</sender>
>             <returnpath>null</returnpath>
>             <inline>unaltered</inline>
>             <passThrough>true</passThrough>
>             <static>true</static>
>          </mailet>

Done and tested: AbstractRedirect, before issuing the getMailetContext().sendMail(newMail),
now checks the sender host name of the *newMail*, and behaves accordingly. This should do
exactly what you suggested above, what do you think?
I'm wondering though if this fake sender domain check should be done unconditionally (even
in Forward): if I do not activate the SenderInFakeDomain matcher, why should I do this check
in Forward or in the Redirect family? Perhaps there should be a <fakeDomainCheck> init
parameter in AbstractRedirect, defaulting to false?

I've done also some javadoc formal cleanup.

One general question: I have not seen any @since and very few @version javadoc tags in the
James code. Wouldn't it be useful? I tend to use it very consistently in my code.

Vincenzo