james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Søren Hilmer ...@itplus.dk>
Subject Re: Mails expanding (like crazy)
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:04:26 GMT
On Saturday 21 June 2003 18:47, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Søren,
>
> > A mail (a small one a few kbytes and text only) is sent and it is
> > then repeatedly written into the same file in spool, making this
> > file explode to several gigabytes in no time.
>
> You are saying that it is not many copies being spooled, but a single spool
> entry having the same data concatenated over and over and over again in a
> single message?  What is causing the loop?

That is exacly what I am saying. I do not yet know what is causing the loop, I
have to build a James version with some more debug information and ship it to
the customer, who needs to install it ....

> > some of [our custom mailets ] are using:
> >   MimeMessage msg = new MimeMessage(...);
> >   mail.setMessage (msg);
>
> AbstractRedirect does the same thing, except on a new, duplicated,
> instance.

Yes, an the original is ghosted and AbstractRedirect is not in James 2.1.3

> Looking over the code for the file-based message store, the code path for
> actually storing a message is shared regardless of whether it is a new or
> old message.
>
> Have you made sure that your mailets aren't accidentally concatenating the
> content?  In the AddFooter mailet, you'll find a section of commented out
> code that you can use to dump the raw message contents to the log for
> testing.

I am pretty sure about that, cause my mailets logs on entry and exit, and both
these apear in the log (and not multiple times), then comes a ToProcessor
call which never makes it to the destination (last entry in the log is a:
Servicing Mailxxxxx by ToProcessor Mailet), which would make sense as the
storing is happening in LinearProcessor when changing processor.

I am about to put some extra logs in LinearProcessor, and
AvalonSpoolRepository/AvalalinMailRepository. I hope this will shed some
light over things.

> 	--- Noel

Søren Hilmer, M.Sc.
R&D manager		Phone:	+45 70 27 64 00