james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Janne <nos...@mermit.fi>
Subject Re: Imap in James
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:11:45 GMT
Maxwell Grender-Jones wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have been subscribed to the james-dev mailing list for around a week
> now, and have seen no mention of plans for IMAP (impatient of me, I
> know). As I run my own mail server, and frequently wish to access mail
> from many different places, I would not consider using a server that
> didn't have IMAP, however, looking at the clean design of James (vs. the
> 'it works brilliantly' of the unix tools, shortly followed by the hell
> of configuring the damn thing), I would really *like* to use it...

I agree. This is the greatest limitation that prevents also me from
starting to use James. With no support for IMAP, mbox or maildir spools,
leaves me with just POP3.

I haven't found any decent IMAP implementation for Linux (yes, qmail has
IMAP module but it's pain in the ass to configure). By providing IMAP
module you would do a great favor to all of us.

--
- Janne
k a r i o at m e r m i t dot f i