james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Janson <jjan...@adelphia.net>
Subject I18N of mailet parameters?
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 15:22:18 GMT
Hi,

I've been playing around with the new Bounce mailet
in 2.2a7 and it's working great.  Thanks!  One thing I've
"noticed" (and this is common to all of the mailets) is parameters
like "notice" or "prefix" are just plain text that is added to the
mail message.  Works great if we all speak the same language but
not so good if the server is handling users with different languages.

One thought was to add a resource bundle name and key names
as parameters to the mailets.  So, there would be <bundleName>,
<noticeKey>, <prefixKey>, etc.  The mailets would then look up
the keys in the specified bundle using the language in the header of the
mail message.  If no language was specified, the default bundle
is used.  If the bundle or key can't be found, the existing notice
or prefix parameter text is used.

What do you think?  Would this functionality be useful?  What
are the problems with it?

Thanks,

Jim