james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Harmeet Bedi" <harm...@kodemuse.com>
Subject Re: Personal IP blacklists
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 02:17:45 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Serge Knystautas" <sergek@lokitech.com>

> This weekend spammers felt the need to send my James installation over
> 50,000 emails that they knew wouldn't get relayed.  I'm thinking of
> creating a db-based personal blacklist and was wondering if anybody has
> thought of something similar.

It would be good to have a way to share the data, maybe via a public xml
file with a set dtd that is generated from the db.

> Anyone try to do something similar?

I am sure lot of folks. I don't block, but do mark mail as spam that comes
from 347 domains. A lot of mail is from few ip addresses so may be good to
mark mail as spam from specific domains as well as ip addresses.

Does anyone know of a way to get say the list of email marketing domains ?
I really don't care about opt-in emails and would be very interested in
having a comprehesive list of email marketing domains.

Harmeet