james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: WORA Considered Evil ;-)
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2003 20:04:19 GMT

> The internals of James models the desired architecture.  The issue
> concerning you is that the current implementation does it in a single
> process.  That is at least partially addressable with no change to the
> architecture, minimal (if any) change to the implementation, and some
> changes to configuration files.

I don't see why you couldn't run multiple instances of James each only configured to provide
one service (SMTP, SPOOL, POP etc) as it stands using shared repositories. I think it is probably
just a configuration excercise (nightmare?).

The problem is probably as simple as working out how to define more than one $PHOENIX_HOME
for start/stop scripts

d.