james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: New Redirect & sons becoming available
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 00:54:15 GMT
> What is the difference between build_2_1_fcs and branch_2_1_fcs?
> More in general, what is the rationale behind the various tags defined?

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-james/

 main trunk
     .
     .
     .          branch_2_1_fcs
     +---------------+
     .          build_2_1_fcs
     .               .
     .               .
                build_2_1_1_fcs
                     .
                     .
                     .
                build_2_1_2_fcs
                     .
                     .
                     .
                build_2_1_3_fcs
                     .
                     .
                     .

In other words, the branch is a fork in the road, whereas the build is a
marker along that path.

We've been keeping them in synch as we've worked on James v2.x, although
there are a couple of items that haven't been put into the main trunk.  One
is the threadpool code.  I coded that for the specific version of Phoenix
used in James v2.  James v3 will use the latest release build of Phoenix,
and there is a new threadpool that will be released from Avalon that
supercedes the hack that I did.  The other differences are the quota code,
which needs to be modified for the current Mailet API changes, and Mark
Imelshire's MLM, which also has some version dependencies, so first we ought
to get it stable in James v2.

	--- Noel