james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [no virus] RE: New Redirect & sons becoming available
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 03:06:48 GMT
Vincenzo,

Now that the code is in the CVS, would you please submit a patch (cvs
diff -u) instead?

I haven't been using the @ tags at all.  Versioning is best left to CVS,
IMO, although not all files are setup for CVS to maintain that
automatically.  Go ahead and use them, although we haven't established a
policy.

With respect to the forwarding check, go ahead and make it optional, but I
think it best to have it default to checking.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini
[mailto:vincenzo.gianferraripini@praxis.it]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 20:04
To: James Developers List
Subject: [no virus] RE: New Redirect & sons becoming available

Noel,

> > I'm wondering if the fake sender domain check done in Forward
> > should be shared by all the mailets.
>
> Possibly, but it should only be done if we are going to USE the Sender
> domain.  If we are just forwarding the message from Postmaster,
> for example,
> we don't USE the original Sender, and can preserve it.  This is useful if
> you have a mailet like:
>
>          <mailet match="All" class="Redirect">
>             <recipients>uce@ftc.gov</recipients>
>             <sender>postmaster</sender>
>             <returnpath>null</returnpath>
>             <inline>unaltered</inline>
>             <passThrough>true</passThrough>
>             <static>true</static>
>          </mailet>

Done and tested: AbstractRedirect, before issuing the
getMailetContext().sendMail(newMail), now checks the sender host name of the
*newMail*, and behaves accordingly. This should do exactly what you
suggested above, what do you think?
I'm wondering though if this fake sender domain check should be done
unconditionally (even in Forward): if I do not activate the
SenderInFakeDomain matcher, why should I do this check in Forward or in the
Redirect family? Perhaps there should be a <fakeDomainCheck> init parameter
in AbstractRedirect, defaulting to false?

I've done also some javadoc formal cleanup.

One general question: I have not seen any @since and very few @version
javadoc tags in the James code. Wouldn't it be useful? I tend to use it very
consistently in my code.

Vincenzo