james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Problem with new AbstractRedirect/Forward code
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 03:30:46 GMT
I haven't tracked this down yet, but attached are the gory details.  This
may not be a bug in the code so much as new usage issues.

The config looks like:

  <processor name="spam">
      <mailet match="All" class="Forward">
         <forwardto>uce@ftc.gov</forwardto>
         <passThrough>true</passThrough>
      </mailet>

      <mailet match="All" class="ToRepository">
         <repositoryPath>file://var/mail/spam/</repositoryPath>
      </mailet>
  </processor>

That is in the spam processor.  The result is going back to root, and is
being sent back to spam, thus creating the loop.  That did not happen
before, so there is something different about how the new Forward does
things.  I'm guessing off-hand that the difference is the source IP.  I
haven't looked at the code, yet, but my guess would be that the forwarded
message has the same source IP as the original, thus getting picked up again
by the DNS RBL matchers.

Anyhow, this is just a HEADS up for folks.

	--- Noel