james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Logging in the new DNSServer service
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 05:41:51 GMT
The new DNS service contains the following:

  //If we found no results, we'll add the original domain name if
  //it's a valid DNS entry
  if (servers.size () == 0) {
       StringBuffer logBuffer =
           new StringBuffer(128)
                   .append("Couldn't resolve MX records for domain ")
                   .append(hostname)
                   .append(".");
       getLogger().error(logBuffer.toString());
       try {
           InetAddress.getByName(hostname);
           servers.add(hostname);
       } catch (UnknownHostException uhe) { ... }

I am thinking that should be at INFO level, not ERROR level.  Anyone
disagree?  For example, we get that message for e-mail coming from the ASF,
because there aren't any MX records.  The code goes ahead and does the right
thing, using the A record.

	--- Noel