james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Axis mailet / matcher
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:48:00 GMT
Guys,

This discussion is all good, but please review the archives:

http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/SearchList?listId=&listName=james-user@
jakarta.apache.org&searchText=soap&defaultField=body&Search=Search

Also, Jason Webb indicated interest in this area:
http://archives.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=james-dev@jakarta.apac
he.org&msgId=589966

I would sugggest the SOAP over SMTP approach.  We don't want to be a
web-server, and the asynchronous properties of messaging protocols
differentiate them from HTTP.

I don't know if SOAP is best handled by a mailet or a processor, e.g.,

   <mailet match="SoapMessage" class="ToProcessor">
     <processor> SoapDispatch </processor>
   </mailet>

   <processor name="SoapDispatch" class="org.apache.james.soap.Processor">
   </processor>

A mailet is portable, but more limited.  On the other hand, are those
limitations reasonable in the case of a SOAP Dispatcher?  A mailet can load
a class, marshall parameters, and invoke methods.  That may be sufficient.
The place where I think using a processor might work better is for something
like Sieve and possibly BSF.

Just thinking out loud ... I'd be happy to see people contribute a SOAP
support to James.

	--- Noel