james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: how hard is it to write a SMTP client?
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 03:00:35 GMT
Chris,

You could store the message in a repository, and send a notification message
with a special URL (subclass of NotifySender).  The URL could be used to
initiate payment.  Once payment is received, another message would cause the
message to move from the repository back to the spool for delivery.

Your idea of pre-payment, and a quota matcher that deducts payment until
there is no credit left is an interesting idea.

Mind you, I doubt that there is really any spammer who wants to pay, so I'm
curious to see if that would *ever* work socially.

	--- Noel