james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Means" <cme...@intfar.com>
Subject RE: how hard is it to write a SMTP client?
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 19:52:38 GMT
Noel,

> Mind you, I doubt that there is really any spammer who wants to
> pay, so I'm
> curious to see if that would *ever* work socially.

I see uses for this beyond that of "legit" spammers, though it would be a
great way to handle spam "regulation".  However, a service spammers pay for,
possibly with the charges distributed to the receiving servers based on
count & message size, maybe using paypal as the transaction controller.
Every mail server that wanted to receive payments for receiving spam, would
just have to have a PAY@domain.tld account <g>.

I see possibilities like, corporate facilities for an employee to send email
(from anywhere), and have those messages forwarded and automatically
archived in a central system (at a cost charged back to their department)
etc..

Bulk Mailing services empolying this "technology" could be automatically
white-listed, because it's been confirmed that the message was "paid for".

Just some random thoughts.

-Chris