james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Wellington <bwell...@xbill.org>
Subject RE: DNS problem?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 01:09:45 GMT
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> > It would be pretty simple to define a basic logging object that provided
> > error/debug/warn/info/whatever
>
> If you define that as an interface, that would probably be sufficient
> (anyone who disagrees, PLEASE speak up).  We could write an adapter to wrap
> your interface over our implementation.

Would it be possible to get a list of what you actually want logged, and
at what level?  Looking at DNSServer.java, I'm not clear what
functionality is custom and what could be converted to use the Lookup
class.  The only log statements that I see that would need to be moved are
in rawDNSLookup().

Thanks,
Brian