james-server-dev mailing list archives

From r..@livestoryboard.com
Subject iptables redirect and portsentry -> was -> Re: all of a sudden...
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2003 13:11:47 GMT
Well... I have it working again.

For those idiots like me here is what happened:

I redirect the ports like so:
$ iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport smtp -j REDIRECT --to-ports 10025
$ iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport pop3 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 10026

I also run the portsentry program and yesterday afternoon someone did a scan.
Portsentry will sometimes restart iptables, and since I never saved the
redirects I lost access to James.

You save them by doing (on Redhat):
/sbin/service iptables save active

anyway, I hope this can help someone else out in the future.

Sorry for the noise,
-Rob

Quoting rob@livestoryboard.com: