james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard O. Hammer" <ROHam...@EarthLink.net>
Subject Re: new InputStream class for mail data
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:28:23 GMT
Serge Knystautas wrote:
> ... if you can
> submit this to bugzilla, it will help us track that it's reviewed.

It did not occur to me to use bugzilla since the improvements, which I
believe SMTPDataInputStream offers, are not necessarily fixes to bugs.
   The changes in behavior are arguable.  I argue that the right end
of data indicator to recognize is "a period alone in a line" rather
than "CRLF.CRLF", but it seems that many people see it differently.

Should I use bugzilla to express my opinions about improvements needed?

 > ... JUnit tests.

I did some JUnit tests, not comparing old vs. new, but only testing
the new.  I attach a file containing that class.  Earlier I had tested
the old (existing) behavior, as I reported briefly to this list in
this message on June 10,
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=james-dev&m=105527214016488&w=2>.

Rich