james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Mordred to DBCP
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 02:59:53 GMT
I've made a sideways migration for our custom database pooling.  James
used to use a custom pooler named mordred, and I've replaced it with the
DBCP 1.0 release.

I call it a sideways migration because it effectively provides the same
thing... a pretty reliable database pooler that can't survive a database
outage.  DBCP 1.0 has various bugs, including the inability to remove
bad connections from the database without a validation SQL statement.

The point of this though is that DBCP at least has some hope of future
upgrades, while mordred does not.  Eventually DBCP will have another
release with some of these issues cleaned up, and then we can just drop
in the replacement and get the upgrades.

I committed to the 2.x branch, and I guess we can merge the changes to
3.x as well if appropriate.

--
Serge Knystautas
President