james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard O. Hammer" <ROHam...@EarthLink.net>
Subject dynamic configuration, was: Message path tracing
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:19:29 GMT
To suggest a simple approach, I suppose it would be possible to add
lines such as the following to RemoteManagerHandler.parseCommand():

         } else if (command.equals(START_PER_MESSAGE_LOGGING)) {
             return doSTARTPERMESSAGELOGGING(argument);
         } else if (command.equals(STOP_PER_MESSAGE_LOGGING)) {
             return doSTARTPERMESSAGELOGGING(argument);

These commands would set a publicly accessible boolean variable.
Logging routines would test that variable to govern their behavior.
Access to the variable does not need to be synchronized, and no server
restart is needed as far as I can see.

But would such an implementation go against one of the design goals of
James?

Rich