james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Mordred to DBCP
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:55:46 GMT
Serge,

"select 1" should be ok for all db's, it is legitimate ANSI SQL.
However I know you're looking at DBCP in commons, and suggest that you look
at Connection.isClosed(), it then becomes the responsibility of the JDBC
driver to check the connection. I don't know what different drivers do for
this, but I seem to recal that mm.MySQL will test the connection, and expect
that others will do so also, although the JDBC2 javadocs are vague "Tests to
see if a Connection is closed" about whether this should physically test the
connection or simply report whether close() has been called yet.

d.