james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Danny Angus" <da...@apache.org>
Subject RE: new InputStream class for mail data
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:45:43 GMT

> The RFC states that <CR> MUST NOT appear except paired with <LF>.
>  You know
> this because we addressed that in CRLFTerminatedReader.

But this contingency cannot be discounted, surely?
While most people will send mail using well behaved clients it is _possible_
for CR to appear on its own, particularly in unencoded binary data, the fact
that it will probably be munged in transport is a srong disincentive to
sending it, but doesn;t prohibit it, and bearing in mind how easy it is to
write poor smtp clients i'd be suprised if there weren't thousands of
unchaperoned CR's flitting round the world everyday.

d.