james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Synchronous processing of inbound emails
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:07:19 GMT
> It seems to me that the simplest way of achieving synchronous
> processing is to modify James.sendMail(Mail mail) to bypass
> the spool and call JamesSpoolManager.process(MailImpl mail)
> directly in the case you want synchronous processing.

If you try that, there is a return about half-way through the
process(MailImpl) method that you will probably need to remove, causing the
method to stick with the message until it is ghosted.  Otherwise, the method
returns after the first (root) processor completes.

Let us know how it works for you.

	--- Noel