james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Fetchmail patch(es)
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:26:45 GMT
Steve,

Well, it would certainly save the trouble of backporting, and it would be
nice to get FetchMail into the v2.2 release.

Remind me, or I can go back and review the archives: were there any changes
in the code that would be considered controversial?  By the way, the current
Fetchmail code was written by Leo D'Angelo and Sergei.

One thing that you might want to do is change the use of X-Headers to
attributes, since this will go into v2.2+.  Attributes are available for
both v2.2 and HEAD.  I would only use X-Headers for something you want the
MUA to see.

	--- Noel

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Brewin [mailto:sbrewin@synsys.com]
Sent: 13 August 2003 23:50
To: 'Noel J. Bergman'
Subject: RE: Fetchmail patch(es)

Noel,

There are only so many hours in the day and you can't be expected to do
everything, so more overload than oversight?

The submitted version was for James v3, but I have been running essentially
the same code in James v2 since June. I'm happy to submit this too if it
will help set the ball rolling.

Both Danny's and my implementations of fetchmail are far superior to
fetchPOP, so it would be good to wean people off of that as soon as
possible.

-- Steve

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=james-dev@jakarta.apache
.org&msgNo=8877