james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Hontvari Jozsef" <hontva...@solware.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Change to SenderInFakeDomain
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:45:36 GMT
From: "Noel J. Bergman"
> Is this something that we want in CVS?

sure

> One thing that bothers me is that passing a list as a configuration string
> is a hardcoded mechansim, whereas someone might have the same data in a
> file, DNS zone, etc., but that is not unique to this Matcher.

yes, but it could be an enhancement in the future. And you are right, this
is a generic problem, for example I have my own listserv descendant which
isthe same as the already existing ones, except that it takes its member
list directly from mailet parameters (instead of a db).

Maybe some kind of generic configuration interface for providing a list of
parameters could solve the problem. Then one can write a single mailet, and
the admin can decide with which means he want to supply the config
parameters.

Something like:
<mailet ... "ListServ">
  <memberList class="org.apache.File">