james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject probably bug in LocalDelivery
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:20:17 GMT

Have recently changed a bunch of things related to DNS, MX records, and
the configuration and location of my local james installation.  In this
process I've managed to establish an error condition and on
investigation I've located a possible bug in the LocalDelivery mailet
(James HEAD).

In LocalDelivery.init()

        if (newConfig.getInitParameter("users") != null) {
            users = newConfig.getInitParameter("users");
            localusers = getMailetContext().getUserRepository(users);
        } else {
            log("No users repository defined for LocalDelivery");
        }

In the above fragment of code, the "users" and "localusers" variables
only get initialized if newConfig.getInitParameter("users") is not
null.  In the case I'm dealing with the value is returning null.

Later on in LocalDelivery.service() we have the following:

            if (ignoreCase) {
                username = localusers.getRealName(recipient.getUser());
            } else if (localusers.contains(recipient.getUser())) {
                username = recipient.getUser();
            }

As localusers is null we get an NPE.

So one question is - should the init function be throwing an exception
or should service throw an exception is localusers is null?

The second question concerns the recognition of the local user repository.
James is logging the following:

[INFO   ] (james.james.Mailet): LocalDelivery: No inboxURI defined for
LocalDelivery
[INFO   ] (james.james.Mailet): LocalDelivery: No users repository
defined for LocalDelivery

However, the james configuration contains:

      <inboxRepository>
        <repository destinationURL="file://var/mail/inboxes/" type="MAIL"/>
      </inboxRepository>

... and the directory exists.
Ummm - I'm confussed - any pointers appreciated.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org