james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Knystautas <ser...@lokitech.com>
Subject Re: Mail attributes and sqlResources.xml
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:09:37 GMT
Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini wrote:
> P.S. I committed both branch_2_1_fcs and HEAD; comparing the two versions of JDBCMailRepository,
I found some of the patches applied for mbox support (?) missing in HEAD. It may not be "politically
correct" ;-) to say this, but aren't we risking that HEAD gets behind? It looks always a "pain
in the neck" to keep them in sync.

Yes, 2.1 was supposed to be a maintenance branch while 3.0 (HEAD) was to
be a bunch of new features and the new Avalon framework.

Unfortunately Avalon still doesn't have a unified release out, and we've
been adding feature after feature to 2.1.  Both are understandable
results, but like you say, it's become a PITA.

I would very much like to see James on some "known" Avalon release,
which I think is the biggest hurdle to shifting gears to 3.0.  I don't
know the latest with the Avalon project... should we consider Merlin, is
there beta releases available?  I know a lot went into getting 3.0 to
where it is, but these branches are becoming very thick and an extra
burden to keep in sync.

--
Serge Knystautas
President