james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward Flick" <e...@cdf-imaging.com>
Subject RE: IMAP Development Pointers
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 20:55:57 GMT
Just out of curiosity, is there anything wrong with just using the
filesystem?  Folders work wonders :-P.  And sets of enumerated files for
messages would be nice, easy, and quick to implement, and I guess some quick
and easy link file for common boxes between accounts.  What do you think?
Of course this is before really looking through much code.  But I like to
get started on the right foot.

Also, shouldn't the POP3 store be the same as the IMAP store (with pop3
obviously only having the top of the tree as the mailbox)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Noel J. Bergman [mailto:noel@devtech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 3:22 PM
To: James Developers List
Subject: RE: IMAP Development Pointers

Edward,

That would be great.  We've had a number of developers "threaten" ;-) to
work on IMAP, but no one has really stepped up to it other than DdB.

AFAIK, the big problem is the lack of an adequate message store for the
hierarchy.  I am starting to work on JNDI/LDAP stuff.  I will bring it
on-line as soon as I have something worth showing.  Meanwhile, the IMAP2
proposal uses an in-memory store.

Best thing would be to get in touch with Darrel and/or review the two code
bases.

	--- Noel